Friday, May 10, 2013

JUST MY TWO CENTS

Atfer the GE I am quite saddened with the racist comments made by certain people in FB and Twitter and the media. 

What happened to the 1Malaysia slogan that u preach to us? 

Some people even shared on FB the so called DAP grand plan for Malaysia if they won. Are u even sure the thing is real? Anybody can come up with the so called Plan and declare that it was being told by someone from the party. If it isn't true then we are spreading something that is untrue. Then wouldn't that be a fitnah??? 

Be realistic people. If u want the Malays to unite, do it on a cleaner term.  Please do not spread lies that could cause us the peace of this country. 

When u read this post, u might say that I'm a Pakatan pro. I'm not writing this based on my political aspiration, but I'm writing this thru my perspective as a teacher.

As a teacher, every day when I get the chance to, i would remind my pupils to respect other people's opinion, beliefs, culture, language, way of life as we are a multiracial and multicultural nation. 

I do scold my pupils when they speak ill of other race or religion. I tell my pupils to imagine if people were to say bad things about them. 

It saddened me to see when we, the adults are the ones, being a racist. We should know better. We did not practise what we preached. 

I know that we love our bangsa Melayu very much. And we are not wrong to do so. We all want the Malays to unite. i want that too. But y do we have to downgrade others in order to do so. Why do we have to badmouth people? 

Islam never asks the Muslims to be racist. Islam wants us to be respectful to others. 

I'm sure some may agree some may not, but this is just my two cents. Let's just agree to disagree. 

P/S If u feel uncomfortable with my stand, kindly leave my blog peacefully. I don't ask u to agree with me. I'm just sharing my thoughts here because this is my blog. This is where I share my thoughts and feelings. 

No comments: